Setup Email in Outlook
This Tutorial will guide you through setting up an email account in Outlook 2003 that is hosted on the Small Dog web server.
The steps should be similar in other email clients or versions.
- Open Microsoft Outlook and go to the Tools menu and click on E-mail accounts
- Select Add a new e-mail account and click Next.
- Select POP3 or IMAP and click Next. Note* using POP or IMAP depends on how you want to handle your email. If you want to download all emails to one location use POP. If you want to leave the emails on the server to share with multiple devices (phones, computer etc) then use IMAP.
- Enter your Name into the Your Name field.
- Enter your new email address into the E-mail Address field. This should be provided to you by Small Dog.
- Enter mail.smalldog.com.au as the Incoming mail server.
- Enter your Outgoing Mail Server (SMTP) . This should be provided to you by your Internet Service provider. It is also possible to use mail.smalldog.com.au as outgoing but TLS encryption must be used and port 587. Use your email address and password when using mail.smalldog.com.au as outgoing for smtp authentication.
- Enter your email address into the User Name field.
- Enter your password into the Password field. This should also be provided to you by Small Dog.
- Click Next.
- Click Finish to complete the email setup.
- Click Send/Receive to download/view your emails.
Common outgoing mail servers are: